Our Christmas Holiday

Just a few shots of our holiday. WARNING!! quite a few shots!!
Here we are waiting to get on the ferry.

Amelia showing us a good hair day.

2nd night there Steve and I out with some of my long lost friends I hadn't seen for such a long time. Had a marvelous night by the way!


Next day Auntie Mary and my girls got all dressed up to bake a gingerbread house.



I will have to probably continue this tradition from now on.




They all had so much fun.



Even Daddy was so proud of them.



Later on that day Emma and Amelia had a shot at becoming TV Stars. Hmm....not quite sure of the results of that one? You should of seen the show ponies after them. Talk about full of energy!



Later that night we all went to a special Christmas house with great Auntie Mary and Great Auntie Fifi (and gee they sure are great!!!).



It was all lit up and beautifully decorated. The girls all went in there pyjamas.



The only family Christmas photo we got. Gee I think I will have to frame this one....not!
Least Amelia is looking like she is proud to belong to our family.


The next day we headed off to Napier to catch up with old friends of mine who had come back from London. Auntie Mary had packed the girls a lunch in brand new Santa Claus lunch boxes. They were as proud as punch about them.




That night the girls all had a spa bubble bath in the hotel. Man, Holly thought it was a diving pool and actually enjoyed half drowning. As she threw herself in for more.



This is Christmas Eve, carrying on the same tradition as I did when we were little. Auntie Mary read them 'The Night Before Christmas'.



We lit the gingerbread house which we had finished decorating that morning.



OOhh the half sucked lollies that went on that thing ( lets say the adults were not interested in tasting any of it!!)



Another new tradition that has started. We planted peppermint seeds(lollies) in a special pot.



Here we have the snacks and wine left out for Santa. I must say Santa has got a bit more sophisticated in his old age. When I was a child we left out a pie and a beer and if you were lucky maybe a token carrot for Rudolf but now he wants truffles, raspberries, strawberries and Wine!!!
It was all finished in the morning and Amelia kept saying "Naughty Santa, he's eaten up all the raspberries". You see she was spying them for herself and just couldn't believe the nerve that he didn't save any for her!!!



OOhh the presents and the Stockings, which I might add were put out at 2am by Santa. Very busy lad indeed.



Christmas morning we had breakfast at Auntie Mary's. Here Amelia is making up for the fact that Santa didn't leave any raspberries and making sure she gets the last drop from her bowl. She sure is a hungry girl for such a wee thing.



Oh alas the discovery of the seeds which turned into peppermint canes surrounded by snow(fake of course, where the heck am I going to find this stuff for next year?;0) )
Auntie Fifi guides them to the find.



We then fed Auntie Mary's new chickens that hadn't layed an egg yet. She was hoping to surprise everyone on the day with fresh home grown eggs. I think the surprise will actually be when they lay one egg. As of yet it hasn't happened.


We had Christmas dinner at Auntie Fifi's. She dressed up as a Christmas pudding. An outfit she had made herself but sadly I didn't get a photo. This is a sample of the dessert table. I put on 2 kilos while away!


Once again trying to get a good shot of the family around the tree. They just didn't want to participate, this was the best shot of all the cousins.


So there you have it. I'd be impressed if you made it this far. Next post I will fill you in on the gifts.
Happy new year everyone. I hope you have a good one!!!


Comments

Michelle said…
Happy New Year to you too x Thanks for popping by michellemadethis.blogspot.com :o)
I love your girls, they are adorable. The pic of the little one in the bath is too cute - you should frame it (she may not thank you when she is older though) never mind you could blame me :o) Have a wonderful 2010. Michelle x
Polka Dot Daze said…
Happy New Year!
Your little family look like you had a fantastic time!
Emily Pickle said…
Happy New Year! I love the family photo, it all looks like lots of fun! Good luck with all the new traditions. Please can I borrow Auntie Mary for next Christmas? Kate xxx

Popular Posts